July 19, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Brigham City Museum and Box Elder Museum have released a “wish list” of items they are in need of. Please call or email Museum Director Kaia Landon at 435-723-6769 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have something on the list you would be willing to donate.
The museum provides donors with written acknowledgement of all donations. As a department of Brigham City, donations made to either museum may be tax-deductible (depending on the donor’s tax situation). Donors should talk to their tax professional for details.
Some items may be suitable for Eagle Scout Projects.
Please call 435-723-6769 for details.
General needs items can be new or second hand so long as they work as intended. Where multiples are needed, they need not be matching or from the same donor unless otherwise specified.
· one office chair (wheeled, with arms)
· three long (6’ or 8’) tables
· small microwave
· thick/dark curtains and rods for a large work room (need to block UV light)
· flat panel television (less than 36” across)
· dvd player
· two fans
· exhibit cases
· two to three bean bag chairs (other types of low furniture will be considered)
· small end table or coffee table
· two to four (matching) benches
The museums only accept museum-quality specimens and artifacts for the permanent collections. All artifacts should have been collected and/or imported according to the laws in force at the time of acquisition.
· historic artifacts from the area, particularly:
o old phone directories or maps of Brigham City or Box Elder County (pre-1960)
o historic photographs
o archival material (letters, deeds, etc. pre-1960)
· works of art (depicting Box Elder County or general area, or by artists from the area)
· natural history specimens (fossils, minerals, etc.) – especially items related to mining the Wasatch mountains or from other areas within Box Elder County such as Park Valley, Lucin, and Grouse Creek. (Those interested in donating natural history collections items should contact Curator Ron Cefalo, 435-723-3158)
The Brigham City Museum-Gallery is located in the lower level of the Community Center at 24 North 300 West. The museum is open Tuesdays through Fridays from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. and on Saturdays from 1 p.m. until 5 p.m. The museum is closed on Sundays and Mondays. www.brighamcitymuseum.org
The Brigham City Museum-Gallery is an art and history museum in Box Elder County that opened in 1970. Exhibitions include at least one national traveling show a year as well as a variety of temporary art and history exhibitions of 4-8 weeks each. The museum’s dedicated history section includes activities for children. Guided group tours are available with two-week’s notice. The museum is a department of Brigham City Corporation.
The Box Elder Museum is located in the east wing of the Hervin Bunderson Center at 641 East 200 North. The museum is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., and for special events. During the summer months, the museum closes at noon on Friday. The museum is closed on weekends. www.boxeldermuseum.org
The Box Elder Museum is a natural history museum featuring a variety of fossils and minerals from throughout Box Elder County and the world. It opened in the Kings Building in 2009 and moved to the HBC in 2010. The museum is a department of Brigham City Corporation and has an additional foundation seeking 501(c)(3) status.
Kaia Landon, Museum Director
BRIGHAM CITY MUSEUM/BOX ELDER MUSEUM
PO Box 583
Brigham City, UT 84302